Need more information about upcoming events?
Click the Events tab above.
FBC-Statesboro – Children’s Ministry
The goal of Children’s Ministry at FBC is to help children to grow in their understanding of God and to experience the joys of serving Him. This is an exciting time of life when children develop concrete concepts of themselves, others and of the world in which we live. We partner with parents to provide a wholesome environment where biblically-based truths are taught so that children can understand the love of God.
“Growing to be like Jesus”
In Children’s Ministry, we love sharing about Jesus with children though worship experiences, meaningful Bible study, creative teaching, and relational connections.
What to Expect
From the time your child enters KidzPlace we want him/her to feel safe and comfortable. At the KidzPlace Welcome Desks, greeters will assist you with our check-in process and help your son or daughter locate their group. While they are here, we want them to know the following truths:
- Trust – I can trust God no matter what.
- Faith – I can believe what God says.
- Wisdom – I can make wise choices.
We all learn better by repetition, so we encourage parents to talk with their children about the things they are learning and by doing so, establish a strong, biblical foundation upon which they can build their lives.
What grades are included in Children’s Ministry?
Children in the 1st – 6th grades are invited to be a part the Children’s Ministry.
When and Where does the Children’s Ministry meet?
The Children’s Ministry meets every Sunday morning at 9:45 – 10:45 AM, on KidzPlace 2nd Floor.
Can I volunteer to help?
Volunteers are essential to the ministries of First Baptist, as we could not do what we do without them. Those interested in volunteering in our Preschool, Children, and Student Ministries should contact our ministry offices to find out more about the opportunities to serve. Our SafeWatch Policy explains our guidelines for volunteers in these ministries. SafeWatch
Select the Events tab at the top of the page to see Upcoming Events for Children’s Ministry
- Kidz Worship is a worship experience designed for 1st and 2nd graders attending Sunday morning worship services. Children are dismissed (per announcement on the big screen) during the worship service and joined by adult leaders at the rear of the worship center. Together, they proceed to the KidzPlace 2nd Floor where they will enjoy specific activities designed for this age. Parents may accompany their children or pick them up at the KidzPlace 2nd Floor Welcome Desk following the service.
- Kidz Choirs meet on Wednesdays at 5:30 – 6:20 PM on KidzPlace 2nd Floor. First – 6th Graders are welcome to participate in singing and playing musical instruments. Older children can play handbells, operate sound systems, and learn praise dance.
- RAs and GAs (Royal Ambassadors and Girls in Action) are for boys and girls in the 1st – 5th grades, where they will learn about missionaries all over the world and how they can be involved in missions themselves. RAs and GAs meet on Wednesdays from 6:45 – 7:30 PM at KidzPlace 2nd Floor.
- SOAR is particularly designed for 6th Graders to prepare them for their transition from Children’s Ministry to Student Ministry. SOAR meets at KidzPlace 2nd Floor at 9:45 AM on Sundays and 6:45 PM on Wednesdays.
- Special Needs Ministry. At FBC we are pleased to offer a ministry to those families of children with special needs. Whether your child can participate in a class with a “buddy” or your child needs more individualized attention, we can assist you. To learn more, please contact the Children’s Ministry office.
6th Grade Ministry
Sixth Graders: Learning to Soar
SOAR is the answer to the 6th grade question. First Baptist Church recognizes the need to have a ministry focusing just on 6th grade, while providing a transition from Children’s Ministry to Student Ministry. SOAR provides special emphasis on the developing 6th grade student, allows an effective transition, and prepares them for the years ahead.
All 6th graders meet at 9:45 a.m. on Sunday mornings on the 2nd floor of KidzPlace for Everything You Need to Know to Be a Teenager and on Wednesday nights from 6:45 to 7:30 p.m. to SOAR!
For more information, please contact the Children’s Ministry office by email or at 912.489.7930.
Special Needs Ministry
A Special Needs Ministry is offered to children with special needs.
When possible children are mainstreamed into an appropriate classroom and provided a “buddy” who is specifically trained to assist the child to integrate fully into the classroom experience.
Where that is not possible, a trained person cares for the special needs of the child in the Special needs classroom (Room 119) on the preschool hall of KidzPlace.
For more information, contact the Children’s Ministry Office
UPCOMING EVENTS & KIDZ MINISTRY/SUMMER FUN!
Family Mission Trip to Fresh Air Camp
- June 24 FBC Kidz & their families will host a Carnival for the campers at Fresh Air Camp Tybee Island. Team members will arrive at the camp at 1:30 to help set up. The carnival will be from 2-4pm with fun water activities
- Register your family to help with the Carnival.
- $10 Registration fee per family.
- Click here to register your family for the Family Mission Trip to Fresh Air Camp!
CentriKid Camp the Adventure AWAITS!
- Camp dates are set for July 17-21
- 3rd – 6th graders pack your bags!
- The balance for camp is due by June 18!
- Parent Meeting / June 28 @ 6pm 2nd floor Kidz Place!
- All camper forms & payments are due at the meeting.
- Contact the Kidz Ministry Office @ [912-489-7930] or [email@example.com].
First Baptist Night at Splash in the Boro
- FBC Statesboro is making a splash! Join us for a great night of family fun & invite a friend!
- July 23 / 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Invite cards are available at the Worship Center welcome desk & the church offices during the week.
SUNDAYS & WEDNESDAYS/KIDZ MINISTRY STUFF:
- Sunday Nights @ 6pm (August – May)
- Bootcamp is for Grades 1-6.
- Bootcamp is a high energy, fun, & interactive time with a focus on kidz hiding God’s Word in their hearts through Scripture, games & more!
M&M = Music & Missions FBC Kidz Ministry!
Meets on Wednesday Nights (August-May)
- Music includes = Kidz Praise = Preschool & Children’s Choirs (ages 3–6th Grade)
- Missions includes = Mission Friends, GA’s, RA’s, & SOAR (ages 2–6th Grade)
- It is never too late to join the fun! Register your child @ both Kidz Place Welcome desks!
- Family Night Supper begins @ 5pm
- Kidz Praise begins @ 5:30pm
- Pizza is served on 2nd floor of Kidz Place to kidz wearing pizza bracelets @ 6:15pm
- Mission Friends, GA, RA, & SOAR begin @ 6:30pm – 7:30pm
SPECIAL EVENTS FOR PARENTS & KIDZ!
Parent / Child Dedication = Sunday / July 16
- 8:30 am & 11:00 am service times are available
- Contact Kidz Ministry office for more information!
Parent / Child Orientation = Sunday /August 20 @ 9:45 am
- Prior to participating in the service of Parent-Child Dedication, both parents are required to attend a time of orientation that is offered periodically throughout the year. Please plan to join us for one of the Orientation sessions in the Averitt Room.
Susan Allen, Minister to Children/Preschoolers, firstname.lastname@example.org (912) 489-7930
Kim Salter, Administrative Assistant, email@example.com (912) 489-7930
Debra Francis & Alice Puccio, Childcare Coordinators
Lyndsey Wasdin, Kidz Ministry Intern
Shelby McDowell, Kidz Ministry Intern
Use the form below to submit a comment to this ministry area: